m z i n

magazines, design and art publications ---- kolonnadenstrasse 20, leipzig 04107, germany ---- tue - sat, 11am-7pm ---- www.mzin.de

B L O G :



Dry Magazine is a independently published culture magazine based in Copenhagen and London. Founded in 2012, whether it is music, art, fashion or other creative niches, Dry Magazine is always on the cutting edge of the new and interesting and acts as an active part of the scene. It is a publication constantly searching for the odd, exciting and beautiful – seeking to challenge the boundaries of culture.
Instead of only being an entertainment, Dry Magazine also aim to inspire it’s readers. Dry Magazine is on an eternal quest to find unique young talents and creative people who challenge our minds and break out of any conventional thinking.
At Dry Magazine we’re only working with and featuring, people and projects whom and which have substance and visions. Dry Magazine does not focus on trends, only for the sake of trends. Everything is presented in an environment completely free of mainstream regularity and celebrity gossip. Dry Magazine is against everything mediocre, dull and uninspired. Dry Magazine portraits the strange, impressive and extravagant.

224 pages of content printed on Munken Polar off-set paper with soft touch lamination on the cover and gold foil typography. Limited to a 1000 copies.
Roger Ballen, Synchrodogs, Perm Maid, Thomas Olafsson, Rona Yefman, Vincent Boisot, Rupi Kaur, Narcissister, Fryd Frydendahl, Sasha Kurmaz, Erik van der Weijde, Pawel Tkaczyk, Nathalie Daoust, Younès Klouche, Romain Slocombe, Scot Sothern, Gorsad & Andi Galdi Vinko.
With this issue of Dry Magazine we focus on the growing inequality in the world. A report by Oxfam shows that unless the current trend of rising inequality is changed, the combined wealth of the richest 1 percent will overtake that of the other 99 percent of people in 2016. And this is only covering the economic inequality of our society. There is inequality on many other levels: all over the globe people are still being oppressed and discriminated against. Because of their race, gender, sexuality, religion, etc.
What we want is to put focus on the issues of inequality in an artistic and abstract way – that hopefully provokes thoughts and conversation… And maybe even action?

--- euro 35.00